Whitefield Rising is planning a big WATER issues related event. We would like to have your presence for the same.
The theme is as follows:
WOULD YOU LIKE TO
- Quit all dependence on tanker water.
- Collaborate with BWSSB to bring water to you.
- Infinitely self-sustain your water supply.
- Enjoy water with low contaminants.
THEN YOU MUST ATTEND THE EVENT, INKtalks Water, ON Saturday April 5 2014 AT JAGRITI Theater in Whitefield. We will start at 11 am sharp, so be in time to take your seats!
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO
- Harvest rain.
- Re-charge your borewell so that it never runs dry.
- Reduce or eliminate energy consumption by STP and by an RO plant.
- Have peace of mind knowing your water source and quality, and that it will be there for your grandchildren.
…and do it all in harmony with nature! Whitefield’s annual rain catchment can significantly augment our supply. With good water management, we may not need to buy tanker water of dubious quality!
The event will be informal and feature some thought leaders as well as speakers who have locally (within Whitefield) achieved success in rainwater re-charging, converting sewage to potable water and generally reaching sustainable water. The speakers will talk about local lakes, from Varthur Kere to Sheelavantha Kere, the troubles of these lakes, and recent successes in rejuvenation.
Our thought leaders have succeeded in sustainable water usage across several locations in the country. The BWSSB will be there, with whom we would like to collaborate to bring Cauvery to us, and to ensure all of us comply with sewage norms.