The Erin Brokovich like story of the common man taking on a Graphite Electrode producing factory that polluted.
This is the incredible story of a
- 40 year old, Rs 9000 crore, private graphite polluting factory in Mahadevpura
- A 10 year legal battle for residents of Ferns Paradise
- 1 student project
- A large citizens campaign
- A Supreme Court judgement
- A win for citizens with the factory shut down!
Read More here for the full story.
There is a big learning from this journey. If you are keen to take on a challenge, read more to understand what worked.
1. Times of India – Battle for Whitefield
2. The Hindu – NGT restores 2012 KSPCB Order to Close Graphite India
3. Deccan Herald – Graphite India shuts unit, citizens cheer