The Erin Brokovich like story of the common man taking on a Graphite Electrode producing factory that polluted.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
This is the incredible story of a
- 40 year old, Rs 9000 crore, private graphite polluting factory in Mahadevpura
- A 10 year legal battle for residents of Ferns Paradise
- 1 student project
- A large citizens campaign
- A Supreme Court judgement
- A win for citizens with the factory shut down!
Read More here for the full story.
There is a big learning from this journey. If you are keen to take on a challenge, read more to understand what worked.
1. Times of India – Battle for Whitefield
2. The Hindu – NGT restores 2012 KSPCB Order to Close Graphite India
3. Deccan Herald – Graphite India shuts unit, citizens cheer