Kere Habba 2016! The first of the new Kere Habba season will be at Kaikondrahalli Lake on 9th January 2016.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
Lots has been planned for the day:
– be regaled with story sessions for children
– learn to play traditional games
– hone up your general knowledge for a quiz
– run a relay race for the lake (details below)
– talk to farmers about natural farming
– interact with native cow breeders to find out about medicinal and general benefits of our Indian cow breeds
– test your mettle by swinging and balancing on a rope course
– participate in cool science experiments revolving around water
– listen to a lec-dem on nature and raagas
– make flower rangolis around the walkway
– pack your bags after you get tips from a cyclist who has cycled from Bangladesh to Bangalore
– watch movies that entertain and inspire
– meet community members who are doing their bit for our environment
– read quietly at our book corner
…and much more.
For more information and the detailed schedule, follow the Habba’s Facebook Page.