* Fencing broken in many places
* Massive encroachment of the lake areas
– A recent post on the groups’ blog gives a Google Maps view of how the boundary of the Horamavu Agara Lake has changed over time, since 2002
* Dumping of construction waste
* Destroyed Raja kaluves
* Outlet streams blocked, leading to flooding
* Raw sewage discharged into the lakes
* Groundwater/borewell water contaminated
* Foul stench that makes living unbearable
* Usage of the lakes as open toilets
* Breeding ground for dengue and malaria causing mosquitoes.
Date: , February 16, 2014.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now