This newsletter is shared by the citizen group, Bellandur Forum (email@example.com)
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
Sarjapur Road Cleaning drive
On Saturday 15th Feb, the BBMP zonal office will do an intensive cleaning of Sarjapur Road from ORR junction to Purva Sunshine. This initiative will involve cleaning the medians, levelling the ground on either side of the tarred road, removing all illegal hoardings/advertisements, removing debris/junk from the road side and cleaning of rain water drains. The BBMP will bring pourkarmikas, two JCBs and several tractors. Some of the residents living on this stretch are volunteering to map the problems, and coordinating the task on the ground on Saturday. More stretches of the ward will be taken up in order.
Car Parking restrictions – On this day there will be severe parking restrictions on this stretch so please keep an eye out for ‘No Parking’ signs.
Voter registration camp, by Volunteer for Better India
Date: 15th-16th Feb, 2014
Time: 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Venue: Plot next to Purva Sunshine, opp. the Kaikondrahalli Lake.
Do use this opportunity to register yourself as a voter!
For details contact: 9880102607, 9880838077, or 9008618794
Haralur Village Clean up
Dates: 21st and 23rd Feb 2014, Where: Haralur Village
21st, Friday 8am – Clean up by BBMP and village volunteers.
23rd, Sunday 9am – SWM Awareness session by Mr Ramakanth of SWMRT and Kasa Muktha Bellandur volunteers.
2nd Annual Samyoga festival, by Ranjani Fine Arts
Where: New Horizon College of Engineering, Outer Ring Road, Near Marthahalli, Bengaluru.
15th Feb – Vidushi Dr. Ashwini Bhide Deshpande
16th Feb – Pandit Kushal Das (Sitar) For donor passes, contact 9632682540
Great Backyard Bird count
When: 14th- 17th February.
It’s an occasion to join birders the world over in recording the species of birds in our neighborhood. For more information, click here.
Mugging incidents along ORR
Incidents have been reported in ORR-Sarjapur Road areas and connecting roads from Hosur Road. The men operate on a motorcycle and target cars with single occupants. They continuously honk from the rear of the car and signal the driver to stop. They attempt to scare the occupant by entering the car and saying that they have caused an accident on the way resulting in injury to someone, They insist compensation must be paid immediately by the driver. They force their victims to withdraw money from ATMs and part with their gold ornaments.
1. Do not travel alone during late hours on lonely roads. Do not stop at isolated places.
2. Keep the doors of your vehicle locked while driving.
3. Do not carry too much of cash, numerous credit / debit cards and expensive jewelery.
4. Keep the emergency telephone numbers saved in your mobile.
5. Keep a record of IMEI No. (Dial *#06#) of your mobile handset. It will help the Police to investigate the case.
6. Contact the nearest Police Stations – Electronics City Police Station:080-22943469 / Parappana Agrahara Police Station:080-22943468 / HSR Police Station: 080 – 25747752
In case under threat
* If you are being chased, try to drive into a crowded place, e.g. shops.
* Do not lower the car window glass when stopped by strangers.
* Try to remember the registration number of the vehicle used by the culprits.
* If feasible, dial an emergency number for help.
* In case trapped by the muggers, do not divulge your home address or telephone number.
* Do not pick fights with them as they may call others and cause physical harm.
Ibblur Lake rejuvenation update
Work continues at a snail’s pace due to delays from BDA in signing a MOU with MAPSAS for the upkeep of the lake. Encroachment removal by Tahsildar which was scheduled to happen in January is now reportedly happening before Feb end. BDA will complete the final fencing only after the encroachments are removed.
In other news, imbroglio on road repairs from Outer Ring Road to Sobha Jasmine in Green Glen Layout continues. There were some promises that work will commence on Feb 6th. One wonders if it is 2014 or 2015.
Have a story? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the mailing group:email@example.com
BELLANDUR BUZZ… FEBRUARY 13TH 2014 | Issue 3