Bellandur Ward candidates have started campaigning and reaching out to residents.
Meanwhile residents had a discussion on the Bellandur Forum egroups and Facebook page, on what our needs are and what we want the winning candidate of the Bellandur Ward to address in her term. This is the Citizen Manifesto that we came up with.
- Form a Ward Committee within a month: select 3 representatives from Bellandur apartment/layout RWAs – call out for applications by issuing public notice.
- Have a public meeting at a fixed day, say first Saturday of the month to hear grievances and review execution.
- Liason with other agencies including traffic police, BDA and facilitate solutions; Share the BBMP+BDA+other budgets and plans regularly (at least quarterly)
- Share updates and comments on each of the points below on monthly basis
- Engage with residents on Facebook (Bellandur Forum), email, whatsapp also.
Roads & Public transportation
- Address traffic jams on ORR, especially at certain hotspots (involve BDA, BBMP, Traffic Police and ORRCA); Address rain-related issues on ORR; Skywalks for pedestrian crossing along ORR, tackle haphazard parking
- Sarjapur Road development – integrated mobility plan with BRTS and cycling lanes
- Set up bus shelters for all bus stops
- Quality road – Potholes fixing and drain cleaning every month. Maintain Road history register.
- Functional street lights on the main roads and interior roads.
- Footpaths on arterial/sub arterial roads (ORR, Sarjapur Road, Harlur Road, Kasavanahalli Road) – within 2 years.
- Setup formal vending zones to help pedestrians on footpath
Water & lakes
- Remove encroachments from lakes and public spaces – take action on complaints immediately
- Rainwater recharge pits in all drains; Promote RWH in all public spaces
- Connect all unconnected drains till lake (complete the network)
- Pilot for treated water recharging into ground/lakes
- Work on fixing Bellandur Lake problems
Solid Waste Management
- Drive segregation at source
- Mandate garbage contractor to submit Collection and transportation details to ward committee and publish these details.
- Enforce penalties on BBMP vehicles carrying mixed waste.
- Monitoring of daily cleaning with citizen watch
- Resolution for black spots – including dumping opposite Kaikondrahalli lake
- Enforce heavy penalties for dumping and burning the garbage
- Enforce ban of plastic carry bags less 40 micron; Encourage ‘Rent a bag’ concept; Force retailers to charge for all plastic carry bags, including plastics for vegetables
- Personally check toilets in Govt schools every month to check if they are clean and functional
- Ensure Anganwadis are clean and safe. Setup more anganwadis as per need.
- Encourage and honour good govt school teachers with awards
- List illegal billboards and name of owner publicly and push for removal
- Drive against illegal hoardings mounted on streetlight poles and scaffoldings
Citizen Action Forum seeks clean BBMP corporators with no conflict of interest
All you need to know about Ward 150 – Bellandur