How to change name in electricity bill

Process for name change in electricity bill (Note: A khata not required)

1. Get NOC (No objection certificate) from your Builder’s Office on their letter head. This should indicate that builder has no objection for name change on electricity bill.

2. Get two forms (one AEH form and other indemnity bond form). Forms can be obtained from BESCOM offices or should be available in any stationery shop near BESCOM offices.

Document is known as ‘Name Transfer Document’ and entire set of Indemnity Bond + Form + NOC format + File can be obtained from BESCOM office for Rs 300 or so.

3. Get an attested copy of your Sale Deed (by Notary or Bank official from where loan in taken). Bank official easily does this. They just need to mention that original copy is with them and photcopy of sale deed is as per original. Bank charges ~Rs.250/-.

Notary attestation is quicker and cheaper. Notary charges Rs.50 to Rs.100 for attestation on your sale deed.

4. Take the NOC, two forms (mentioned in #2), latest paid electricity bill, attested copy of sale deed, copy of khata (if you have) to Junior Engineer (JE), BESCOM, Bellandur (for Bellandur residents).

PLEASE NOTE – Note down the serial number of your Electricity meter and current electricity meter reading while going to submit the application.

5. JE would verify the documents and provide a report.

6. Submit this report along with the documents to BESCOM office, Kudlu gate.
a) Transfer fee of Rs 100 has to be paid.
b) JE at Bellandur Gate will give the report then and there itself – it may take about five minutes.

7. The Bescom office at Kudlu Gate takes roughly one week for name transfer. The JE there who handles the name transfer is Chandrashekhar alias Chandru. (Kudlu gate is on left hand side when going from Silk Board to E-City. Another landmark is Macaulay public school.)

Support Citizen Matters - independent, Reader-funded media that covers your city like no other.DONATE
About Satheesh A 37 Articles
Satheesh A is a member of Forward 150, the residents association of Bellandur ward.


  1. Hi Mahendra,
    What’s the reason for changing your individual BESCOM connections to a single connection?


  2. Sir,
    We are 12 members in an apartment situated in rajajinagar 5th Block name-“BindiSundherResidency” Each member have done Khata & Sale deed seperatly in their individual name.we want to transffer the name in bescom instalation in favour of our apartment association name.there is no sale deed or khata in association name Becouse builder given to all 12 undivided share in land.there is no separate sale deed or khata in the name of asociation, Bescom office asking Sale deed OR Khata certificate in the name of association.
    kindly help us what to do.
    Thanking you,

Comments are closed.