The following two blood donation camps will take place at Bangalore this weekend:
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
1. On Sun 14th Aug 2011 between 11.00am and 1.00pm at Jerusalem Mar Thoma Church, Hebbal Kempapura.( Behind Esteem Mall after Hebbal Flyover en route to new Airport.) To turn right to entrance, one has to go upto Kodigehalli Cross and take U turn and come back to Esteem Mall and take left.
2. On Mon 15th Aug 2011(Independence Day) at Shiridi Sai Cultural Centre, 2, Syndicate Bank Colony, opp Kamakshipalya Police Station, Basaweshwaranagar Post from 10.00am to 1.00pm.
Those staying in and around those areas and eligible to donate blood may kindly join and donate blood and also spread the message of the camp in your circles. Those who are likely to join for the camps may please mail back informing which camp you would come to so that we have an idea and can also meet you at the camp.
Lions Club of Bangalore Sanjaynagar
(M) 094488 12330
Enroll as blood donor on www.lionsbloodline.com
You cannot donate blood if you are:
1. Are diabetic, or have any other chronic or acute health conditions
2. Have had any illness within the past 6 weeks
3. Are under 50 kg
4. Are over 55 years old
5. Are suffering from any form of anaemia
Blood donation can have several health benefits for the donor –