Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
It is that time of the year once again, when all the rock climbers in
and around get together for some bouldering at Turahalli. It’s also
the time for us to spread the awareness about sport and grow the
Turahalli hillock is a place with lot of boulders and wildlife just
off Kanakapura road and around 8 kilo-meters from Banashankari Temple
in Bangalore South. It has been the practising ground for the rock
climbers in and around Bangalore for many decades.
Celebration of Turahalli by Rock Climbers.
Rock climbers in and around Bangalore are gathering on Sunday 21st Feb
morning in Turahalli to celebrate the place which has been fueling
their dreams as climbers. As part of the celebration demonstration
climbs, introduction to rock climbing sessions, interaction with
climbers will be happening among other things.
This will be a good place and time to take your climbing shoes out if
have not been to Turahalli in recent times. And it will be good time
if you are totally new to this sport or a rock climbing enthusiast who
wants to learn about Rock Climbing, get information about climbing and
places in and around bangalore as there will be activities for the new
comers to the sport.
* The activities will be on from morning 7:30AM till 11:00AM on 21st
* Though we are constantly in touch with Sun god, he might be at his
usual best being a sunny weekend of Feb, be sure to wear appropriate
clothing for outdoors, hats etc.
* Canvas shoes are ideal if you are a beginner climber.
* There is no water available at Turahalli, please make sure you bring
enough water/snacks along with you.
* Consume enough water and keep yourself hydrated when in the field.
* Help us make this a litter free area, ask for garbage bags if you
need to throw anything away.
* Do drop us an email at climbfest [at] dreamroutes [dot] org if you are planning
to be there at Turahalli on sunday.
* More information about Turahalli is available at
How to get there?
Please use the Map below which will guide you in the direction. Also
for the benefit of first comers, there is a meeting point suggested.
The point is opposite to Metro on Kanakapura road near the Khoday
breweries. If you are there before 7:20AM you can join the others and
come to Turahalli.