Environment Support Group is organising a workshop on ‘Understanding the
role and the importance of Wetlands in Urban spaces.’ The workshop will be
held on 26th September 2009 at the MariGowda Hall in Lal Bagh.
- The various sessions are as follows:
- Historical view of lakes in Bangalore
- Current status of Lakes in Bangalore
- Criticality of lakes for water security in Bangalore
- Urban Lakes as functional eco-systems
- Legal and Policy frameworks that govern lakes
The workshop aims to bring together Decision makers, Media, NGOs, Teachers,
Students and the general public..
You are also invited to use our workshop as an opportunity to display your
photo-exhibits, charts, models, and other forms of visual representations on
lakes, bird-life, other aquatic life, livelihoods and so on. We are sure
that the sharing of your work will deepen the discussion at the workshop.
If you are interested in the same and want to discuss further details, please contact Divya Ravindranath,Researcher, Environment Support Group at divyarrs [at] esgindia.org ⊕