Why should you demand trains in Bengaluru?
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
1. Building the Suburban train network is the least disruptive on Bengaluru. It won’t affect the existing roads with diversions and bottlenecks while tracks are expanded, more trains run & stations fixed. Ride to demand the suburban train network!
2. It is most beneficial for Bengaluru. Like Chennai, up to 20 lakh people per day can commute if commissioned properly. Not 5-10 lakh like the Metro or a fraction of that by roads but upto 20 lakh daily! Banni! Jothege Hogona!
3. It is the lowest hanging mass transit for Bengaluru. Since ~180 kms of railway lines & >45 stations already exist, infrastructure does not need to be built afresh, only expanded. It can finish in 2-3 years! Train can be added incrementally & every couple of months 10s of thousands can switch to the train until it is fully enabled for upto 20 lakhs! Join the Yatra, ask for Rail!
4. Over 40 companies, civic groups, colleges, residents’ associations, commuters & wannabe commuters are demanding it! Don’t miss the train on Aug 31st!
5. The 4th pillar! The voice of the people! The press support #ModaluTrainBeku! You should too!
You can join at any station & take a ride, or just hang out!
You can join the onward!
You can join the return!
Just say #ModaluTrainBeku!
Nammacityexpress, a facebook page dedicated to train-related issues in Bengaluru, says:
We’ve been suggesting and have been so far successful in creating demand and asking for more trains and for them to run on priority… !
This track is a lifeline for around 8 lack commuters who work on the mahadevapura orr, sarjapura, electronic city and industries around yeshwanthpur.
Rail Yatra organised by CFB demanding the below… Lets together support by travelling and making a point. (Please ensure you buy tickets)
● Formation of SPV.
● New services from Yelhanka – Whitefield.
● Priority for Yeshwanthpur- Hosur – Yeshwanthpur train.
● Revoking the cancelled Banaswadi – Hosur – Banaswadi train services.
● Extension of Banaswadi – Hosur – Banaswadi train to Yeshwanthpur or Chikbanavara or Tumkur
Support is pouring in from various groups and corporates too:
Train Routes & Timings:
Onward: Train 76523 – Yeshwanthpur Hosur
Yeshwanthpur: 2.55 pm
Lottegollahalli: 3 pm
Hebbal: 3.09 pm
Banaswadi: 3.18 pm
Bellandur: 3.35 pm
Karmelaram: 3.41 pm
Heelalige: 3.51 pm
Return: Train 56513 -Karaikal – SBC
Heelalige: 5.14 pm
Karmelaram: 5.27 pm
Bellandur: 5.34 pm
Byappanahalli: 6.16 pm
Cantonment: 6.34 pm
SBC: 7.00 pm