Here are details on property tax payment for 2012-13, as per BBMP’s press release:
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
• Financial year for 2012-13 begins on April 1st.
• As there has been no revision in taxes, tax can be paid as per last year. There is no change in self-declared tax and building depreciation.
• Property tax can be paid at all BBMP offices and Bangalore One centers on all working days. Payment hours are from 9 am to 12.30 pm, and from 3 pm to 7 pm.
• If the entire year’s property tax is paid by 30th April, you can get a rebate of 5%. If not paid by 30th May, you will have to pay an additional interest of 2% for every month of delay.
• Property tax can be paid in two installments. The first half-yearly installment can be paid without interest by 30th May and the second half-yearly installment without interest by 29th November.
• Tax can be paid by cheques/DD/pay order or by credit/debit cards in any tax collection office.
• Those who have already declared tax for 2008-2009, can use their credit/debit cards to pay tax online on BBMP website (http//www.bbmp.gov.in).
• Letters have been sent to those who have not paid tax since 2008-09, mentioning specially calculated rates. Those who receive such letters have to pay the overdue tax first and then pay 2012-13 tax at the nearest office.
• All property owners with A Khata/B Register and those who have not yet obtained a khata can also pay tax in the nearest office.
• Owners of properties in revenue layouts and apartments can pay self-declared tax in B Register in the nearest office until those sites are legalised under ‘Sakrama rule’.
• If tax amount is less than Rs 1,000, it can be paid by cash.
• Application forms for tax payment are available at all offices at the cost of Rs 5. Garbage cess should be calculated and paid along with property tax.
• Those who pay by DD/pay order for amounts above Rs 15,000 will be given acknowledgement receipt immediately. If paid by cheque, receipt will be given after cheque realisation. If cheque amount is less than Rs 15,000, acknowledgment will be given immediately.