Because of holidays there will be lot of rush towards Bangalore City Railway Station and Kempe Gowda terminal on March 9th and 10th. This may cause traffic congestion on all the routes leading to these points.
Reliable, useful journalism needs your support.
Over 600 readers have donated over the years, to make articles like this one possible. We need your support to help Citizen Matters sustain and grow. Please do contribute today. Donate now
To ensure smooth flow of traffic, Bangalore City Police has taken these measures for both days:
1) All private vehicle parking is banned on Dhanvanthri Road, Railway Station Road, Tank Bund Road, Platform Road and Khodeys junction.
2) All buses going towards Mysore, Kodagu and Kerala will start only from Mysore Road Bus Terminal.
3) Buses to Tamil Nadu will start only from Shanthinagar Bus terminal.
4) All long distance idle parking of transport buses is restricted to Balekai Mandi, Jakkarayanakere, NGEF Terminal and New Peenya bus terminal.
Public are requested to co-operate for the following on March 9th and 10th:
1) Passengers travelling outside Bangalore are requested to take BMTC bus or auto to come to City Railway Station or KSRTC Bus Terminal.
2) Passengers travelling towards Mysore and beyond should go to Mysore Road Bus Terminal.
3) Those travelling to Tamil Nadu destinations in KSRTC and SETC premier buses (to Chennai, Trichy, Karaikudi, Pudukottai, Tanjavur, Coimbatore, Madurai and Kumbakonam) should board at Shanthinagar Bus Station. Passengers travelling to Villapuram, Dharmapuri, Salem,
Krishnagiri, Coimbatore via Hosur in Tamil Nadu Corporation buses should board at Mysore Road Bus Terminal.
4) Road users who are not going out of city may avoid KG Road, Goodshed Road, Sheshadri Road, Subedar Chattram road, Platform Road, Krishna Floor Mill Road between 4 pm and 11 pm.