In the light of inconveniences expressed by the readers due to taking up of emergency works at Torekadanahalli on June 12th, matter was taken up for review by the Chairman, BWSSB. The inputs expressed by Chief Engineer (K) are as follows.
1. Linking between Cauvery water supply stage 4 phase 1 and phase 2 pipelines at Netkal balancing reservoir and at Torekadanahalli.
2. Charging of stage 4 phase 2 pumping station power line by KPTCL from 220KVA station.
3. Repair works at Torekadanahalli stage 1 pumping station.
4. Linking of pipelines at Harohalli and Tataguni from Cauvery water supply stage 3 to 2 pumping stations and attending leakage of first stage pump delivery valves.
5. Arresting oil leakage from 50MVA transformer at Harohalli 220KVA substation.
In view of the extensive work involved some inconveniences caused to the citizens of Bangalore are inevitable. Efforts are however made to restore the water supply in city of Bangalore as fast as possible.
Keeping in mind the operational requirements following decisions are taken.
1. Cauvery water supply stage I and II which will be switched off at 10 AM on 12-06-2012, will be switched on the same day at 4 PM. Water supply will be restored to the areas of Bangalore south, central and part of Bangalore west.
2. Cauvery water supply stage III which will be switched off at 10 AM on 12-06-2012, will be switched on the same day at 6 PM in the evening. Water supply may be restored to the areas of Central, part of Bangalore south, North and Eastern parts of Bangalore.
3. Cauvery water supply stage 4 which will be switched off at 10 AM on 12-06-2012, will be switched on the next day at 4 AM (on 13-06-2012). Water supply may be restored to the areas of parts of Bangalore south, West and Eastern parts of Bangalore.
Press release from Public Relations Officer, BWSSB.⊕