Property tax payment for 2012-13

Support Citizen Matters - independent, Reader-funded media that covers your city like no other.
Get in-depth and insightful stories on issues that affect you every day!

Here are details on property tax payment for 2012-13, as per BBMP’s press release:


• Financial year for 2012-13 begins on April 1st.

• As there has been no revision in taxes, tax can be paid as per last year. There is no change in self-declared tax and building depreciation.

• Property tax can be paid at all BBMP offices and Bangalore One centers on all working days. Payment hours are from 9 am to 12.30 pm, and from 3 pm to 7 pm.

• If the entire year’s property tax is paid by 30th April, you can get a rebate of 5%. If not paid by 30th May, you will have to pay an additional interest of 2% for every month of delay.

• Property tax can be paid in two installments. The first half-yearly installment can be paid without interest by 30th May and the second half-yearly installment without interest by 29th November.

• Tax can be paid by cheques/DD/pay order or by credit/debit cards in any tax collection office.

• Those who have already declared tax for 2008-2009, can use their credit/debit cards to pay tax online on BBMP website (http//

• Letters have been sent to those who have not paid tax since 2008-09, mentioning specially calculated rates. Those who receive such letters have to pay the overdue tax first and then pay 2012-13 tax at the nearest office.

• All property owners with A Khata/B Register and those who have not yet obtained a khata can also pay tax in the nearest office.

• Owners of properties in revenue layouts and apartments can pay self-declared tax in B Register in the nearest office until those sites are legalised under ‘Sakrama rule’.

• If tax amount is less than Rs 1,000, it can be paid by cash.

• Application forms for tax payment are available at all offices at the cost of Rs 5. Garbage cess should be calculated and paid along with property tax.

• Those who pay by DD/pay order for amounts above Rs 15,000 will be given acknowledgement receipt immediately. If paid by cheque, receipt will be given after cheque realisation. If cheque amount is less than Rs 15,000, acknowledgment will be given immediately.

Get the Citizen Matters newsletter


  1. Dear Sir,

    I had missed paying the property tax for my flat since 2008-09. On July 4th I went and made all the payment through DDs for which I got an acknowledgement. While paying the tax, we noticed that the name on the tax paid receipt for 2007-08 was misspelled, hence the BBMP employee (I’m not sure of the designation) at the Tax Collection Office in New Thippasandra told us that it will take 10days for them to make the correction. We had been following up with him regularly and these are his various replies before finally his phone is switched off and he is never present at his office when we visit.

    – Dont worry, I’ll give you a call
    – I told you na, I will give you a call
    – It will take some more days

    While paying the tax he was obviously expecting some money and when I asked should I go to the main office and request for change on my own, his reply was not required madam, it will be done and when I walked out of the office he told another man, “She is talking so much, do you think she will pay anything.”

    Following are the details shown online.

    Assessment Year Renew Appl. No. Pay Mode Paid Amount
    2008-2009 1370575 FULL 10476.00
    2009-2010 24752180 FULL 10016.00
    2010-2011 347521812 FULL 9098.00
    2011-2012 453118488 FULL 8356.00
    2012-2013 531184882 FULL 7438.00
    2013-2014 611574262 FULL 6244.00
    2014-2015 711528176 FULL 5134.00

    What more should I do to get the receipts and other details from BBMP! Please guide.

  2. Dear Prakash Sir,
    I bought a re-sale flat in June,2012 and I have tax paid receipts till Mar,2012. Effectively, I want to pay property tax for financial year 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. The KHATA was transferred in my name in December 2013. I am not sure if it is A-khata or B-khata. It is a green page written in kannada. I also paid Khata trasnfer fees of around Rs5500. NOW, I don’t know what is my Khata number. How should I find this out? I want to give property tax in my name, where if I go to BBMP site and jot in in Khata number or PID number, the property should be listed in my name and I will then pay tax against it. I do not know either Khata number or PID number. When I put the application number present in the tax receipt of 2011-2012, it shows the previous owner. Please help!

  3. Hello Sir, I own a vacant land in Singasandra around 1200 sqft and never paid tax since owning from 2004. So how do we approach with bbmp and clear the backlogs. How much will be the penalty and other charges. I have the Khata, sales deed. Is there any other legal charges. Or is it mandatory to have the person physically present or pay the tax in India in order to pay the tax. Thanks in advance and I appreciate your help.

  4. We offer loan to people on bad credit,home improvement loan, personal and business loan, student looking for financial help and to companies etc with a very low interest rate and with or without collateral. any interested one should contact us via email ,with the following information,please complete and summit the information below;
    Borrower’s Information
    Full name:
    Marital status:
    Place of work:
    Mobile Phone number:
    Monthly Income:
    Amount needed:
    Purpose of Loan:
    Loan duration:
    How Urgent do you need the loan?
    EMAIL :

  5. Hi, I have registered a flat jointly on my name and my wife’s name. I have paid the property tax to BBMP for 2013-14, but I got the computerized receipt with only my name and flat number in it. Is it OK? Do I need to ask them to add the name of my wife in the propery tax reciept. We are going for a Katha transfer for our flat from builder’s name to our name. Will there be any problem if the property tax receipt is having only my name. Thanks in advance!!

  6. Hi, I have registered a flat jointly on my name and my wife’s name. I have paid the property tax to BBMP for 2013-14, but I got the computerized receipt with only my name and flat number in it. Is it OK? Do I need to ask them to add the name of my wife in the propery tax reciept. We are going for a Katha transfer for our flat from builder’s name to our name. Will there be any problem if the property tax receipt is having only my name. Thanks in advance!!

  7. Hello Mr. Prakash, I have purchased a 2bk flat on May 2013 and the registration of the same was done in May 2013… Please let me know if still for the year 2013-2014 I have to pay property tax.. Thanks

    Ashish Mahajan

  8. Hi We had paid House tax up until 2012-2013, we are now wanting to pay for 2013-2014

    we have unfortunately lost the previous house tax paid receipts. Kindly let us know how we can proceed. we have been told we cannot proceed to pay this years tax unless we have the previous receipts. Kindly shelp

  9. Hi I purchased a flat in 2010 near bommanahalli, builder asked me to pay tax from 09-10 itself and i paid in my name. I have the receipt of 08-09 in land/building owner’s name. from 2010 i am paying tax in my name and in 11-12 i had asked the BBMP people to change to my name and from then also i got the computerized receipt with my name and flat number in it. when i go online to pay tax for 13-14 and enter receipt number of 08-09 it shows the old owner name and says you have not paid tax since 2010. It might be because since the owner sold his all flats and not paid tax in his name or something i do not know. In my 12-13 receipt there is an box for new PID but nothing written there, so i can not pay using new PID for my flat. So i am confused what to do, as even all other people who has purchased flats from him will have same 08-09 receipt number , how to pay individual flat tax. I had gone to BBMP office earlier cases and they instructed to pay the amount and i paid but now question comes though i paid in my name but for my flat or for properly… the receipt has my name and flat number in it 2011-12 and 12-13.
    Please help clear my confusion i am not able to pay online

  10. Dear Mr Prakash,

    I am planning to buy a flat in banaswadi area. It is G+ 3 floors. The land has A khata. where as the Flat has “B” khata.
    1. Can this property be registered. Will there be any difficulty in registiring.
    2. Banks like SBi , HDFC have said that loans will not be provided for a “B” khata property. Is it so?

    Please Advise

  11. Dear Mr.Vasu,

    Thanks for your approach for the problems, which are common in Bangalore. Before giving you any clarification, let me know, as to what documents you have pertaining to the referred property ?

    Here below I have just answered questions which are general in nature. For your particular property, details of documents is necessary. You can also scan it and mail it to me direct for proper directions.

    Tax has to be paid for all unpaid years since the property was owned by someone / government came into existence.

    Form IV is in bi-lingual and is not just in Kannada.

    You must submit all the forms, according to the type of your property for each year along with separate cheques and with penalty and interest as per prescribed norms.

    As you are a defaulter of payment, you have to pay it only at the BBMP respective counter. After regularisation, one can even pay it at Bangalore One counters.

    SAS system was introduced in BMP areas since 2000-01 and in BBMP areas from 2008-09 which stands for “SELF ASSESSMENT SYSTEM”. Hence it is the owner of the property who should calculate and make the payment.

    Thank you,

    I remain,
    15 12 12.

Comments are closed.