Bangalore Traffic Police (BTP) won the ‘Golden Peacock Awards for Innovative Product/Service’ for its B-TRAC project, on January 21st. The award, instituted by Institute of Directors (IOD) and Golden Peacock Awards Secretariat, was conferred at the ’22nd World Congress on Total Quality Summit’ at Hotel Lalit Ashok.
According to a press release by the police department, BTP got the award for these achievements:
- Installing 179 surveillance cameras to monitor traffic.
- Installing five enforcement cameras to check traffic violations.
- Installing 20 Variable Messaging Systems for disseminating traffic information.
- Installing 330 integrated solar-powered traffic signal lights.
- Automation enforcement for transparency in booking cases.
- Establishing Traffic Management Centres for traffic flow management.
Other factors like establishment of pre-paid auto stands, web-based interaction with citizens and innovative traffic plans were also considered for the award, says the press release. City police Commissioner B G Jyothiprakash Mirji and Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) M A Saleem jointly received the award on behalf of BTP. ⊕