- I am committed to civility: I will not post unacceptable content, and I will delete comments that contain it.
- Unacceptable content is defined as anything included or linked to that:
- is being used to abuse, harass, stalk, or threaten others
- is libelous, knowingly false, ad-hominem, or misrepresents another person,
- infringes upon a copyright or trademark
- violates an obligation of confidentiality
- violates the privacy of others
“unacceptable content” also depends on a case-by-case basis, and our definitions are not limited to this list.
- If I delete a comment or link, I will say so and explain why.
- Offer corrections when the original post contained any material that was found to be in error.
I won’t say anything online that I wouldn’t say in person.
When I believe someone is unfairly attacking another, I will take corrective action . I will try to get the commenter to publicly make amends. When that doesn.t work, I will remove the comments facility to avoid further misuse for the specific content.
I will ignore nasty public comments about me or my blog, as long as they don’t veer into abuse or libel.
We reserve the right to change these standards at any time with no notice.